Saturday, September 1, 2012

September Goals!



If you read last post, you know that it is excited about recommitting to some goals of mine.  In the last couple weeks I’ve registered for courses, tried to stop the whole avoidance / procrastination game and thought about the coming 4 months. I've watched Greg, Change (Jess and awesome vlogger who's name i've forgotten!), Slim4life (Marianna) and Shayloss (Shay Carl). I've kind of been getting motivation and ideas from them I've also met with my faculty advisor and listened to what they think will be beneficial.  The next few goals basically involve e listening to them, thinking about what i truly want and trying to decide what i think will help me achieve my goals

September Goals
Goal 1: implement a schedule
I’ve never been one for agendas and calendars. I think it’s time i gave it a try though! I’m currently only a part time student, my plan for this term is to be disciplined about my study, workout and even fun times! I remember a couple years ago i literally spent 12 hours in the library and still wasn't doing well in my classes. Unfortunately more time spent in the library or even working out doesn't always lead to better results. Time to schedule it in and do it with intensity!

Sub-goals:
  1. create monthly calendars with all important dates and digitize current schedule i have planned
  2. Go to the gym each time i have it on my schedule  (Mon - fir)
  3. limit internet, cell phones and other distractions during study blocks
Workout for 1000 minutes
I wanted to give myself a good kick in the butt! I need to get active on a consistent basis. I was originally going to do 30 minutes per day, and then i realized i should bump it up to a nice round number ;)
  1. workout 50 minutes at the gym 5 times per week (Mon - Fri)
  2. track minutes on monthly calendar mentioned bellow
  3. Try to organize a social workout once per week (i.e. going to the gym / walking with a friend
Save money / lose weight
I've combined those goals because the steps to achieve them are actually pretty identical (if you forget the gym membership).
  1. Unless meeting friends, no restaurants!  This means i need to bring any meal i need from home.   It will probably save me about 10$ a day and  800 calories
  2. Stick to my weekly budget!  September is going to be a bit of a test run for this.  I've never had a budget before.  I'm thinking of allowing myself between 30 - 40$ per week. This includes going out with friends, studying at coffee shops or any other thing i need pocket money for.   
 I'm doing this for a couple of reasons.  Firstly the more i save the less junk i put in my mouth!  Secondly i really want to save up enough to put a certain amount in savings this year a buy an ipad during the Christmas season.... This is going to be reallllly hard to do on my income! 

Blog Daily
This one is pretty simple. It’s my way of staying accountable.  I hope to get a couple people (or more) reading and perhaps commenting on this so i feel like I’m actually writing to people. I feel like this will help me through some of the tougher times

Pray daily / meditate
Even if it’s just a couple of Our Father's / Hail Mary. I'm not consistent with my prayer. I do have strong beliefs, but i want to turn that into a structured / regular thing

As for the meditation, i feel weird even typing it. I've never really done that before. I'm thinking of a mini / short thing here.  They suggest to start with 3 minutes a day. I'm pretty sceptical about any benefits.... but who can't do 3 minutes a day?


Conclusion:

That about covers it! I have quite a few goals, some are going to be harder than others. I know though tha ti only have classes part time, and that i really have the time, and i think the dedication to make this work. I feel like they are pretty well rounded / balanced.  I hope you'll come allong with me during this month as i blog daily and take steps to help reach my goals.  I'm really hoping to be down 10 pounds by the end of the month, but rather than focussing on the number, i'm focusing on the tangeble behaviours instead.   I'm looking forward to this and i majorly pray i don't mess up!  This cannot be yet another false start.. I already feel like my mindset is different, i just need to let that  continue all month :)

No comments:

Post a Comment